Re: quick draw large format

From: epona (acolyta@napc.com)
Date: 08/29/02-01:54:25 PM Z

shannon stoney wrote:

> Maybe you
> mean your camera is already on the tripod over your shoulder and your
> other stuff is in the backpack?
>
> --shannon
>
> --

I did that once or twice. Found out it was a bad idea when I slipped on a rock
and fell on my butt, the shock of which traveled up the tripod to the base of my
Speed Graphic, which cracked and broke right off. A piece of splintered wood
was left attached to the quick release plate. Despite the fact the camera may
have been previously weakened in that spot, I do not carry cameras that way
anymore.

But I, too, would like to know Quick Draw Carl's method.

Cheers,
Christine

--
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.
It is the source of all true art and science.  He to whom this