Re: quick draw large format

From: Bill Collins (photo@intrex.net)
Date: 08/29/02-02:01:51 PM Z

While I don't think I could set up in 90 seconds, my 4x5 field camera can be set up quickly. The process goes something like this:
-extend tripod legs
-snap quick release (attached to camera) onto the tripod.
-release catch and fold open the camera.
-lift front standard to operating position and tighten thumb screws.
-get out the dark cloth and start composing/focusing.

If I'm using my nonorail, it is almost as easy. The quick release is attached to the rail and I just have to slide the standards onto the rail and I'm ready to go.

Bill