Re: Inkjet negs (was: tough enough, thanks-finally)

From: Diana H. Bloomfield (dlhbloom@mindspring.com)
Date: 08/30/02-09:15:33 AM Z

Hi Denny,

I have been using the Epson C80 and have been very pleased with the
results. As mentioned, though, the limitation is the 8x10 size. So I
recently had a big birthday and was given an Epson 2200. I've had it
for about 3 weeks, and it's slow going getting the "perfect" negative.
The less dense areas are very smooth and look good; it's the denser part
of the negatives that show some banding.

I should point out that I am not using Photoshop, but use Linux and
GIMP-Print. At this point, the Epson 2200 is so new that the GIMP
driver hasn't been fine-tuned for this printer yet, but folks are
working on that. It seems to be a great printer, though, and I have
high hopes for it in terms of making larger negatives! (And though it
doesn't help in building negatives, I love the way it looks-- black and
grey and very sleek.)

-Diana