Re: candid 4x5 shots

From: Carl Weese (cweese@earthlink.net)
Date: 08/30/02-10:20:43 AM Z

> I still do a lot of "urban landscapes" in the downtown area, but I'll
> often set something up and come to the conclusion that it would be a much
> better shot if I waited until somebody walked through the scene.

Gordon,

I do this a lot, and I think of it as spotting "90% of a picture". So I set
up, and see if another 10% will come along. It could be a person, a truck, a
cow, a change in the light or weather. The fun part is not knowing what the
missing 10% will turn out to be, but recognizing it when it turns up.---Carl