Re: Thanks for all the great issues discussed over the past weeks!

dsbryant@mindspring.com
Date: 08/30/02-12:30:52 PM Z

Chris,

> When I see it in a
> mag I cut it out and glue it
> in this journal.

When I was a teen back in the sixty's I did this for years but instead of a
journal I taped the cutouts onto the walls of my (bed) room at home.
Sort of a stream of consciousness montage. This was back in the days of Look
and Life. I remember receiving a collection of Life magazines that went all
the way back to the early fifties and spending weeks paging throught the
issues before cutting any photos out. Your journal assignement is a good way
to bolster a student's photo literacy just as a writer needs to read widely
and deeply.

Were you able to get in touch with Craig?

Also have you seen Laurie White's new book (new to me) on IR photography? I
see she recommends TMAX developer for finer grain and better shadow detail.

Later,

Don