Re: Reversal process glitch

From: Steve Bell (veracity000@earthlink.net)
Date: 08/30/02-06:03:08 PM Z

I think this is true. last fall, when i took my first photo class, i had
processed a roll of film, and the top 1/3 of all of the negatives had the
pinkish stain. i brought it into class and my teacher said 'dilute this
fixer 1:3 and put the negatives in it'. i did so, swished it around for a
few minutes, and the pink disappeared. she told me that all of the silver
halides had not been removed. something like that. either way, give it a
try. take the negs you were using and put them in some kodafix for a little
while. it should work.

hopefully.

cheers,

Steve

re-developed

> >> w/Sodium Sulfide.

> >> ... I was left w/a positive image on this

> >> opaque yellow-orange background. I couldn't even bleach that out.

> >> Any ideas of what may have occurred.?

> >> Jack Fulton

> > shouldn't there have been a fixer somewhere in that routine? Never
having

> > done B&W reversal I'm just SWAGging.

> > yours shooting in the

> > darkroom,

> > Garry

--- Steve Bell
--- Veracity000@earthlink.net
--- http://www.unbeknownst.org/~insurrective /
http://www.angelfire.com/zine2/insurrection
--- In fact, rock, rather than being an example of how freedom can be
achieved within the capitalist structure, is
     an example of how capitalism can, almost without a conscious effort,
deceive those whom it oppresses...So
     effective has the rock industry been in encouraging the spirit of
optimistic youth take-over that rock's truly
     hard political edge, it's constant exploration of the varieties of
youthful frustration, has been ignored
     and softened. --Michael Lydon