Re: Artist I have been looking at during this nude discussion

From: Peter Marshall (petermarshall@cix.co.uk)
Date: 08/31/02-01:32:49 PM Z

> I agree w/ previous remarks re: Bill Brandt. I haven't seen that many
> of them though. I have a couple of the books you see around a lot.
> Anybody suggest a book title w/ more of his nudes? ...

Bill Brandt: Nudes 1945-80 which was published in 1980 is probably the
best source, although his 1961 'Perspective of Nudes' is the first book
which brought them to the attention of the photography world, it is
rather rarer.

There are several later books on Brandt too.

http://www.billbrandt.com is a useful site which lists some as well as
having other material on him. I wrote a little on him at
http://www.photography.about.com/library/weekly/aa083099a.htm and also he
gets a mention in some other features.

Peter Marshall
Photography Guide at About http://photography.about.com/