Re: VDB vs. Argyrotypes

From: Darryl Baird (dbaird@umflint.edu)
Date: 12/02/02-11:09:01 PM Z

I'm a happy argyrotypists. I use Cranes papers primarily (cheap!), with
the extra sulphamic acid boost for better contrast from my negs. Negs
come from a variety of sources... Polaroid 665, Arista enlarged negs and
Tri-X Pro. I'm beginning to work with Burkholder inkjet negs on Pictorio
after the first of the year for a workshop/class in summer. I air dry or
heat with an iron to neutralize the brown color a wee bit. Paper makes a
huge difference according to the tests I did last winter.

-Darryl