Re: CD as backup

From: Peter Marshall (petermarshall@cix.co.uk)
Date: 12/03/02-04:15:24 AM Z

> on 12/2/02 2:58 PM, Nick Makris at nick@mcn.org wrote:
>
> > More than that, if you have a virus that kills your hard drive, it
> > will
> > probably cause both the same problem.
> >

> In my ten years as a Mac Admin, I have never had a virus destroy
> anything on
> the 50+ machines I support. One of the benefits of living in a .exe free
> world.

Fortunately if you run proper anti-virus software with regular updates PC
systems have a similar record. Well set up PC networks have a daily
automatic check for virus updates. My home machine also checks daily if
online - I think it is worth the $25 or so a year it costs me.

Most of the problems on PCs currently are mail viruses, which can be
avoided by using suitable mail software even without antivirus software.

Peter Marshall
Photography Guide at About http://photography.about.com/
email: photography.guide@about.com
My London Diary http://buildingsoflondon.co.uk/diary/