Re: crashes

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 12/05/02-03:31:11 AM Z

On Wed, 4 Dec 2002, epona wrote:

> Judy, I second Philip's suggestion. Sounds like the G4 has given you
> quite a headache - a good time to take a step back and throw the
> machine at those who created it. I mean that figuratively of course.

Thanks Christine, sympathy really is powerful. Amazingly, miraculously,
the worst part of the problem cleared AFTER my rant to the list. That is,
until then, SLEEP was crashing the system, even with the new driver. It
crashed it on Tuesday morning, and on Tuesday night, and then at 4 AM
Wednesday, without changing anything else I did the rant, and Wednesday
morning and Wednesday night it no longer crashed. I attribute this to
either the power of list sympathy reaching across the digitons, or the
power of my personal rant intimidating the digitons... or both.

In fact even Pagemaker may be coming to its senses... I worked for hours
today and it only crashed once !

I also got some amazing offlist info about G4, meanwhile and remarkably.
But what else is there... a PC? (I admit however I'm considering selling
my Apple stock.... I think they've gone PC... I mean a *black*
keyboard??? )

meanwhile, cheers and thanks again,

Judy