Alternative Photography in NYC

From: Tod Gangler (artandsoul@mindspring.com)
Date: 12/11/02-12:27:42 PM Z

Judy Seigel wrote:

>People always ask what's on in NYC that's alt. There never is much, but
>now there's this & John will show his new albumen prints there in I think
>February ...

Hi Judy, and all,

Currently on view at the Cavin-Morris Gallery in Manhattan (sorry I don't
know the address, it is too far out of my neighborhood,) is a show with
some alt-photo work. It's called "Frida's World" and features portraits of
Frida Kahlo by Diego Rivera, Lola Alverez Bravo, Imogen C, Nick Muray and
many others. The show has at least a few alt-photo pieces, including what
I hear is a beautiful platinum print of Imogen's image of Frida, along with
2 color carbon prints made here at my studio in Seattle. Both of these
color images were taken by Nickolas Muray. One was taken on 5x7 glass
plates with a Devin one-shot camera in 1938 and the other was photographed
on old Kodachrome with a Kodak Bantam in the early 1940's.

I am always thrilled to hear that another issue of Post-Factory Photography
is soon to be coming our way- thank you Judy!

Best,

Tod Gangler
Art & Soul Studio
Seattle, WA.