RE: Pt / Pd mixing

From: Eric Neilsen (e.neilsen@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 12/11/02-06:26:01 PM Z

Denny, That all depends on what types of platinum and palladium you
want to mix together. At one time, I had a partner that wanted to pre
mix , and in trials it seemed to work just fine. This was the potassium
based platinum with sodium based palladium. I later ran some test and
found that the mixture of platinum and palladium was printing warmer and
slower than an equal mix of fresh components. The prints were fine out
side of that.

I have not run test with the various mixtures, but one to avoid would be
lithium palladium and platinum. You should be able to foresee problems,
if you do the math and check the equilibrium of the solutions.

Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street
Suite 9
Dallas, TX 75226