Re: OT Photographer Arrested For Taking Pics Near Cheney Hotel

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 12/12/02-02:48:36 PM Z

On Wed, 11 Dec 2002, Marco Milazzo wrote:

> Stan,
>
> Before you start spreading the word about this alleged atrocity, please consider the source of the story.
>
> "2600" is a magazine for computer hackers -- the people who bedevil us everyday by making us run antivirus and firewall software on our computers so that THEY -- not the government -- won't be able to steal our identities, our inancial information, our passwords, etc. Those are the folks who wrote this story.

Why anyone would want to photograph around Cheney's house (except maybe to
see government money at work -- Times columnist says big renovations going
on) is but one question, another being the pleasure folks get from hoaxes.

But it seems there is a website for hoaxes... perhaps some of the web
mavens here know it. I forwarded my daughter an e-mail I got that had me
ready to go to the barricades (as long as they're not above 14th
Street)... She (a former newspaper reporter) thought it unlikely, googled
in something or other, got the hoax website, and found it was one of the
top ten of the week.

I suspect you get to the top ten by being extreme -- but still
conceivable. This may qualify.

J.