Re: visualizing; mixing D-76

From: Carl Weese (cweese@earthlink.net)
Date: 12/15/02-05:41:08 PM Z

D-76 was designed for use as a replenished formula. You accurately added
exactly one ounce of replenisher (not the same formula as the developer
itself) for each 80 square inches of film processed. This kept the Ph, and
other matters, constant. When people discovered that D76 diluted 1:1 and
tossed had certain advantages, this moved out of the developer's design
parameters. ---Carl

--
        web site with picture galleries
        and workshop information at: