Re: Your kidding, right? Re: Tele landscape

From: Jack Fulton (jefulton1@attbi.com)
Date: 12/17/02-01:27:52 AM Z

Anti-photographic in the degree that the proportional relationships are not
correct. i.e.: as I noted, referring to the center fielder being larger than
the pitcher on a televised baseball game, in landscape what is real is that
which is apparent and substantially real in appearance. By distorting the
relative scale of near and far objects the optical belief might be
unpleasant enough to many so though it 'looks' photographic
(verisimilitude), it does not contain perspective reality.