Formulary Developer 70

From: Lisa Reddig (lisa@julianrichards.com)
Date: 12/17/02-11:26:10 AM Z

Sorry, sometimes that send button gets hit for no reason.

Let me start again.

I just did my first Lith's using Photographer Formulary's Developer 70 for
high-contrast film. It all came out great. My question is the danger of
the chemicals. There is hydroquinone, potassium metabisulfite & potassium
bromide in Part A. Only sodium hydroxide in Part B. There is a lot of
mention of the danger of Sodium Hydroxide, and therefore the mixture is
pretty dangerous. My question is: is it more dangerous than all the other
chemicals I have been developing negs and prints in for years. Or are they
just covering themselves in case I get hurt. I'm not saying I want to be
crazy and not be careful with chemicals, but it makes it hard for me to work
if I am totally consumed with the danger of the chemicals.

Lisa