Re: Your kidding, right? Re: Tele landscape

CCBaggett@aol.com
Date: 12/17/02-04:58:22 PM Z

Katherine,
       I totally agree with you. When I lived in Germany from'77-'81 I
carried my 8x10 Deardorff with me every where I went. I photographed
everything from vineyards in France to farms in Denmark. I photographed
buildings down to shards of headstones in a stream in a vandalized Jewish
cemetary. My favorite lens was a 21 1/4" Kodak process lens in a Packard
shutter. I had a Kodak 10" Wide Field Ektar, but don't remember a negative I
made with it. I don't think my landscapes look squashed, but then I'm left
handed so who knows. As Sandy pointed out, long lenses on view cameras tend
not to be as long relatively speaking as what we see with 35mm. My bad
negatives weren't the fault of the lens. I managed that all on my own.
Cheers,
Charlie