Re: Your kidding, right? Re: Tele landscape

From: Jon (fotonerd@yahoo.com)
Date: 12/20/02-08:42:14 PM Z

> By the way, leafing through the Giacomelli book I came across a picture
> that I wished I could upload to the list. Most of the picture is
> occupied by the side of a cow, walking; its head is cropped out of the
> picture. In the background is a clothesline with clothes hanging on it,
> and there are some heads of people looking over the cow's back; the
> whole thing is compressed into a very shallow plane. It would be a
> perfect illustration to summarize this whole discussion.

Really? I beg to differ on your opinion. Keeping in mind I haven't seen
the specific image but I would argue that it is not a 'landscape
photograph'. It may have elements of a landscape but it isn't a
landscape.

That is like saying that just because there is a person in a photograph
that it is a portrait.