Re: Cyan and Digital Negs

From: David Hosten (dhosten@primus.ca)
Date: 12/30/02-07:59:42 PM Z

WinXP Pro can support up to 4 gigabytes of memory. Your
motherboard (bios+chipset) might be a limiting factor, but
for that amount of memory, the operating system should be
fine. If you have a brand name computer you may need your
local techie/computer wiz to figure out what your mobo will
accept. I have seen many brand name PCs that said they would
take XX amount of memory as a maximum, but fell far short.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/evaluation/features.asp
David - a recovering geek

Scott Wainer wrote:
> Hey Don,
> Thanks for the input. My computer wiz said Win98SE recognizes up to 512 megs
> but nothing beyond that. My board will take up to 1.5 gigs but he said that
> NT is the only OS that will go that high (that was before XP or XP Pro). Do
> you know if XP Pro will handle that much (1.5 gig)? Memmory is cheap now
> (1.5 gigs was about $300-500 last year) and I would like to increase it as
> much as possible; sometimes PS moves really slow (using the HD).
[snip]
> Scott Wainer
> smwbmp@starpower.net
[big snip]