Re: Cyan and Digital Negs

From: Scott Wainer (smwbmp@starpower.net)
Date: 12/30/02-07:35:40 PM Z

Hey Don,

Thanks for the input. My computer wiz said Win98SE recognizes up to 512 megs
but nothing beyond that. My board will take up to 1.5 gigs but he said that
NT is the only OS that will go that high (that was before XP or XP Pro). Do
you know if XP Pro will handle that much (1.5 gig)? Memmory is cheap now
(1.5 gigs was about $300-500 last year) and I would like to increase it as
much as possible; sometimes PS moves really slow (using the HD).

The printer setup still needs looking into but I see where you are going. I
haven't looked into it seriously lately and there have been a lot of
changes. Will the 2200 do 13x19 prints like the 1280? I don't know what the
2200's dpi is but with the 1280 I was hard-pressed to see a difference
between printing at 1440 and 2880. What was that about MIS inks? I haven't
really been paying attention to who makes what though I did visit a website
(can't remember the name right now) that offered quad-tone ink kits that
start for around $500. A bit much with all i'm into right now; I think it
was Piezo-something? I found a link to their website in a recent message on
the list but I didn't save that message and I can't find it in the list
right now; but i'm looking.

Sorry if that didn't make sense, I just spent 16 hours in the darkroom
making lith negs and cyans then went to work this morning and I need sleep.

Scott Wainer
smwbmp@starpower.net