Re: Cyan and Digital Negs

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 12/31/02-03:10:32 AM Z

Hi Scott -- OK, I'll bite -- then how come your lith negs are so "bullet
proof"? What is the density? Have you checked them with a 21 step... or
on densitometer?

I mean I'm wondering if maybe there's something in your cyano mix that's
slowing the exposure -- like dead k ferricyanide... ???

Have you tested the emulsion with a 21 step? With lights you describe,
exposures should be maybe 8 minutes...

But if it's just the negatives -- have you considered "harmonizing"?
that's a bleach & redevelop to get rid of some density but not wipe out
highlights.

On Mon, 30 Dec 2002, Scott Wainer wrote:
> PF #8 -
> I'm looking forward to the next issue. With everything i've been hearing
> about being in it, it sounds like it's going to cover everything; possibly
> more than 52 pages?

I wipe out at 52 pages -- so does the printer -- that is about the limit
they can staple without going to "perfect" binding.

cheers,

J.