Re: Carbon Printing

From: Sandy King (sanking@clemson.edu)
Date: 02/01/02-01:06:15 PM Z

In fact there was carbon printing in the US long before Dr. Robert
Green was born. One can find any number of American texts from the
late 19th and early 20th century that clearly establish that carbon
was rather widely practiced during this period. See for example A.M.
Marton's excellent book on carbon, The Modern Methods of Carbon
Printing, published in Bloomington, Illinois in 1905. And carbon
continued to be used, especially for high quality color prints, until
the 1950s.

Sandy King