Re: Carbon Printing

From: Sandy King (sanking@clemson.edu)
Date: 02/01/02-04:46:08 PM Z

Judy Seigel wrote:

>If memory
>serves, Dr. Green was also selling tissue, tho his was imported from
>Europe. Ultimately it proved too old & wasn't working well, again if I
>recall reports of the time correctly.

Yes, he was selling tissue made in Munich by Hanfstaengl. Apparently
he is still selling this stock, last made in the late 80s or early
90s, because a student who did a workshop with me a couple years ago
bought a roll from Dr. Green last year. The tissue was fogged beyond
the point that a decent print could be made from it, IMHO.

>Finally, how-to-make-your-own-carbon-tissue arrived, I think on this very
>list. Who was that from, Sandy... you?

Actually I don't think I can take credit for doing that first on this
list. As I recall when I first found this list it had already been in
existence for a couple of years and by that point two or three
recipes for making carbon tissue had already been posted.

Sandy King