15 year's old, unprocessed

From: Frank Kurzawa - Austin Texas (frank@kurzawa.com)
Date: 02/04/02-08:08:14 AM Z

Forgive my off-topic (?) posting.

I joined this list b/c from the name I thought that it might help me with my problem, but now, after reading a few posts I see that perhaps this isn't the place. But I was still hoping that someone could steer me to a list or a resource that might would some answers to this problem:

I have some b & w film that was shot about 15 years ago but was never processed. It's mostly Plus-X shot at 250 although there is some shot Plus-X at other speeds. And there is a little Tri-X shot at speeds as high as 1600 or 3200 as well as some TMAX shot at 400.

All this film was refrigerated for the majority of that 15 years. But not for all of it. :(

My concern is that I understand that quite aside from normal film chemical degradation, that an unprocessed latent image will begin to disappear from the film as time passes. Is this true? What is the best approach to salvage this film? Should it be processed differently than if it was freshly shot? If so how? Who would know about this strange problem?

Thanks in advance,

--
Frank Kurzawa            ---  __@
1710 Bartoncliff Dr.  ----   _`\<;