Re: Ferric Oxalate

From: Eric Neilsen (e.neilsen@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 02/05/02-10:19:16 AM Z

Don, Jeffrey answered many of your questions concerning FO. The bottom
line is does it make good prints. While Jeffrey seems to be calling OA an
impurity, I find it a good or valid component of a good batch, but as Carl
and Jeffrey point out to much is not good. Your coating solutions needs to
be adjusted for your papers. Sometimes this will require an alteration in
the formula, sometimes just a little more or less volume.

I have a how to section on my att web site for Ferric Oxalate. This is for
a direct to liquid approach. I has been discussed that this method my have
impurities in it. Perhaps, but if you make it carefully and repeat how you
make it, the variations from batch to batch are not a problem. As for how
difficult? expensive? The first time you make it is certainly a new
experience and getting small quantities of supplies may be more costly, but
slightly increasing the supplies pays off in the long run.

Eric Neilsen
Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street, Suite 9
Dallas , TX 75226