Re: Magic Brush

From: clay (wcharmon@wt.net)
Date: 02/05/02-08:20:26 AM Z

>As to the rod and brush difference, this is something I would like to
>find out as well.

I have found that it is indeed possible to abrade some softer, textured,
papers with a rod if care is not taken. One of the big advantages of rods in
my opinion is that they can be ^really^ cleaned before using again whereas
brushes are probably never truly spotless after their first use. I tend to
use the rod in all the processes like cyanotype, VDB, kallitype, etc where I
am really just sort of fooling around at this time and to which I am not
ready to dedicate 'serious' brush resources. I think one downside to rods is
that it is tempting to stretch their economical nature to the breaking point
and put on less sensitizing solution than is necessary and consequently end
up with weak prints.

two cents worth

Clay