Re: Ferric Oxalate

From: Linas Kudzma (lkudzma@earthlink.net)
Date: 02/05/02-06:06:33 PM Z

I'm not trying to be obnoxious here, but why do several list members make
their own ferric oxalate? There are at least two suppliers of good quality
ferric oxalate at about 50 cents a gram or less. Buy a kilo or so of dry
powder and you'll have a consistent batch for years. The procedure to make
your own is messy for a home lab and in the case of 30% H2O2 somewhat
hazardous. Mind you, I'm not afraid of chemicals. I'm a research chemist
with 20+ years of laboratory experience and yet I have no desire to roll my
own ferric. Why do you?

Linas