Re: Another VanDyke question

From: Sandy King (sanking@clemson.edu)
Date: 02/05/02-07:10:52 PM Z

Ed,

The problem is not that I can not increase contrast by adding
potassium dichromate to the sensitizer, but that doing so causes a
significant drop in printing speed, and a grainer look.

On the other hand, with traditional kallitype (ferric oxalate) I can
get nearly perfect control of contrast over a wide range with no
increase in grain by varying the amount of dichromate in the
developer from 4ml per 1000ml of developer up to 32ml per liter. This
allows me to print negatives with density ranges varying from a lot
of about 1.2 up to a high of 2.25 with little loss of printing speed.

Sandy