Platine has changed...for the worse

FDanB@aol.com
Date: 02/06/02-02:18:31 PM Z

Has anyone else noticed this:

I just started on a batch of Platine that arrived in November (I order
ahead of time and was still using up the last batch of 22x30 sheets).
This new batch felt different right out of the box; the reverse side
texture was smoother and the front seemed a bit smoother too.

The really bad thing (as far as I'm concerned) is that the sizing is MUCH
LESS than the Platine I've grown used to over the past five years! I used
to rod coat and then finish smoothing the sensitizer via brush. Now the
same amount of platinum sensitizer soaks right into the paper. The prints
are weak and tend to solarize too.

Though there is supposed to be a Batch Number on each pack (a small
separate white label with a hand-written number, not to be confused with
the product tag or yellow inspection slip), none of these packs had a
darn number so there is no way to identify this particular paper run.

I'm just curious as to whether anyone else has experienced this with a
paper that served me well for so long.

Also, if anyone has any tips (and no, please don't suggest additional
sizing) on how to adapt to this paper (I leaning toward returning the
whole lot) please let me know.

Thanks!

Dan