Re: Another VanDyke question

From: Sandy King (sanking@CLEMSON.EDU)
Date: 02/07/02-09:20:52 AM Z

It would not surprise me at all that forcing an increased exposure
time would lead to an increase in contrast. I have observed this
phenomenon in several other processes.

However, I am printing with negatives that already require an
exposure time of 45-60 minutes so the last thing i want is an
increase in exposure. One can change contrast by adding a few drops
of a potassium dichromate solution to the sensitizer, but the
downside is longer exposure times. I plan to make some tests soon
adding the dichromate directly to the developer, as I do with
kallitype based on ferric oxalate. I am hopeful that this may
increase contrast with no loss of printing speed.

Sand King