Re: Oleobrom and photographists and Kirk Toft

Grafist@aol.com
Date: 02/10/02-02:32:11 PM Z

temperaprint@blueyonder.co.uk writes:

> I will try not to do double bubble on this one. ;--<<
>
> Pete
Hi Pete, Please DO double bubble as I am sure it is well appreciated by all
the List and especially by those who have very little idea what its all
about. For myself, I have never seriously tried Gum and would even risk
saying, I am very dubious about starting, now, as with many other processes
which seem fraught with failures and pitfalls. Which is why my curiosity was
tweaked on hearing of Kirk Toft who has done much positive research into
Oleobrom variations. As Gene Laughter has found with Bromoil, many old habits
die hard and can be replaced by personal working and experimentation
leading to a greater range of possibilities for the newcomers. Of course its
easier to read books and indulge in virtual creativity and chat which I often
do, and that is stimulating to some extent, but its what ends up on the wall
which really counts. I am suddenly reminded of someone who, forty five
years ago, watched me priming a canvas on the floor with a large brush:- " I
wish I had the courage to do that", they said. I forget the conversation
which followed but I am sure I learned something basic at that time.Wish I
could remember what it was.
                      Watch out for more gems of wisdom. John G