Re: Calotypes / Southeby's

From: Christina Z. Anderson (zphoto@montana.net)
Date: 02/14/02-06:58:15 PM Z

BTW, if any of us has the opportunity to see the "First Ever Photograph"
(which was actually a gravure, since Niéce was not able to fix his
photographic image) made by Nicéphore Niépce, we will not only see and feel
what must have been to have seen for the first time a photograph, but also
from the point of view of history, we might also see, perhaps, the first
photograph that will surpass the one million dollar price barrier.

No, that has already been done with Man Ray's Glass Tears in Fall 2000.
Chris