Re: Calotypes / Southeby's

From: Alejandro Lopez de Haro (alhr@wanadoo.fr)
Date: 02/14/02-05:11:26 PM Z

Hi Arthur:

You are absolutely right, the catalogues are a must have (I just bought
mine), but I am in luck and I will be able to see the entire exposition,
since I live in Paris.

Also, I strongly recommend if you ever in Paris, to stop by at SFP, where
you will able to see the most beautiful photographs made by best
pictorialist ever: Demachy and Puyo.

BTW, if any of us has the opportunity to see the "First Ever Photograph"
(which was actually a gravure, since Niéce was not able to fix his
photographic image) made by Nicéphore Niépce, we will not only see and feel
what must have been to have seen for the first time a photograph, but also
from the point of view of history, we might also see, perhaps, the first
photograph that will surpass the one million dollar price barrier.

Regards,

Alejandro López de Haro