Re: Casein Prints, Sodium Caseinate Availability

FotoDave@aol.com
Date: 02/19/02-08:27:52 PM Z

Tom,

Sinopia (www.sinopia.com) sells casein in fine powder. I am not sure if it is
Sodium Caseinate but is probably similar or usable.

<< Does anyone have a source for Sodium Caseinate in the USA. The source in
 Postfactory is European, and my web searches returned a variety of European
 and Russian pages! Tri-ess is not a source, I don't see in on B&S, Artcraft
 is a no-go, and Photographer's Formulary let me down :-(

<< Assuming I can't get the Sodium Caseinate, any experiences making the
casein
 from dried milk or fresh milk?

I have tried it. It's as simple as described in Ernest J. Theisen's web page.
I didn't try using it in casein printing though.

Dave S