Casein Prints, Sodium Caseinate Availability

From: Tom Ferguson (tomf2468@pipeline.com)
Date: 02/19/02-08:03:37 PM Z

I'm about to dive into some casein printing experiments. The description in
Postfactory and Ernest J. Theisen's web site are intriguing (similar to gum,
but more gouache looking, more easily used with high, platinum, contrast
negs).

Does anyone have a source for Sodium Caseinate in the USA. The source in
Postfactory is European, and my web searches returned a variety of European
and Russian pages! Tri-ess is not a source, I don't see in on B&S, Artcraft
is a no-go, and Photographer's Formulary let me down :-(

Assuming I can't get the Sodium Caseinate, any experiences making the casein
from dried milk or fresh milk?

Any good warnings/hints before I start?

--
Tom Ferguson