Re: Scarlet Dye (OT)

From: Gordon J. Holtslander (holtsg@duke.usask.ca)
Date: 02/20/02-12:19:18 AM Z

Not too far, fascinating and relevant

I of course always wear blue (indigo) jeans in the darkroom :)

Photo snail mucous art - could this be a valid art-form? Would the photo
sensitive trails from the movement of a seemingly marginally intelligent
snail hold any meaning to people? Maybe if it looked neat. What if one
were able to influence the travel pattern on the snails?

Yikes - this should be on the photo-art list :)

Gord

On Tue, 19 Feb 2002, Jack Fulton wrote:

> I have extrapolated that further and realized that indigo was one of the
> hotly traded items in pre-Civil War United States. That, and the fact the
> south produced virtually all the cotton brought me to the conclusion that is
> where blue denim material must originate. Hence, the Levi jean.
>
> Sorry if I carried this a bit too far.
>
> Jack Fulton

Gordon J. Holtslander Dept. of Biology
holtsg@duke.usask.ca 112 Science Place
http://duke.usask.ca/~holtsg University of Saskatchewan
Tel (306) 966-4433 Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Fax (306) 966-4461 Canada S7N 5E2