Re: High and Dry

From: Carl Weese (cweese@earthlink.net)
Date: 02/21/02-12:33:00 PM Z

Jeff,

First thing is to do an operation like this "by feel", not by distance,
time, measurements. You are correct to observe Platine absorbing moisture
much faster than Lenox, at least I've noticed the same thing clearly in my
very different humid New England conditions. With practice, by learning what
the paper should feel like you skip over an endless search for how many
minutes at what humidity at what temperature...doing that numerically is the
hard way. Each paper will still want a different feel, but you learn that
one thing for each paper. In this, alt photo printing has a lot in common
with other printmaking crafts where much of the work is done by feel.---Carl

--
        web site with picture galleries
        and workshop information at:

http://home.earthlink.net/~cweese/