Re: High and Dry

From: Jeffrey D. Mathias (jeffrey.d.mathias@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 02/25/02-06:32:15 AM Z

jeff buckels wrote:
> Doing pt/pd here in the desert southwest, one is challenged to coat
> and print
> paper that's moist enough for the purpose. ...

It is not in the desert that is trouble. Any time the humidity of a
paper is changed from the ambient it will tend to change to the RH of
the ambient. And this can be rather quickly. I have observed the
change by watching the weight change of humidified paper on a scale.
The key is as Carl has mentioned, that one must learn the feel of it.
One must develop a consistent and accurate technique and methodology,
then they can enjoy the benefits of consistent results, even in the
desert. Remember here that accuracy can refer to the feel and
experience rather than distance and time.

--
Jeffrey D. Mathias
http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/