P-F and the PO

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 02/22/02-11:29:03 PM Z

On Fri, 22 Feb 2002 dsbryant@telocity.com wrote:

> Judy,
>
> > Meanwhile, as it happens I have a rant in current P-F
>
> So has the current P-F shipped? You keep teasing us as though it has,
> but if it has I haven't seen hide nor hair of my issue.

Well, it arrived in Seattle, NYC, Boston, Maryland & North Carolina, that
I know of. But Buford???? (Not Maine, either.) Actually I had another
rant at my local post office yesterday, complaining that main PO gave me
wrong info after I waited on line for ONE HOUR. Fella explained that the
small post offices, dinky little towns with one hitching post in village
square, have uptodate state-of-the-art computer systems and info folks in
that lovely old Stanford White (or whatever) building lack, that in fact
main P O has no computers & no info at all, tho they're trying to turn it
back into Penn Station anyway, so why bother with software?

Is this more than you wanted to know?

best,

Judy