Re: Niépce

From: Mark (marks6@earthlink.net)
Date: 02/23/02-01:46:10 PM Z

Fun, marginally related story about Niépce:

Last year, my daughter, who was in the fifth grade was told by her teacher
that the first photographs were made by Dageurre. My daughter did a bit of
digging, and verified the falsehood here, but rather than bring it to the
attention of the teacher directly, she did an end-of-year science project
on photography. In her project she made a pinhole camera, and took several
pictures, which she made contact prints of, and a couple of enlargements
(her camera used 120 roll film). In the report she made a point of talking
about how Dageurre learned the basic photographic principles from Niépce,
and how often Niépce is overlooked.