RE: fractal

From: John Campbell (tojohn@texas.net)
Date: 02/27/02-09:28:24 AM Z

Just a comment or two, Jack-the bi-cubic interpolation is fine, provided
it's done in miniscule increments (like 1% at a time) which makes it
enormously time consuming. I'm a big fan of Genuine Fractals, mostly
because I can store a print-ready negative in one file and open it to
whatever size I need to print and get exactly the resolution required. I
haven't experienced it taking any longer than opening any other format-and
it's certainly faster than the incremental bi-cubic adjustment. Of course,
I'm usually off tending to something else while my files are opening. These
days I'm mostly getting more Girl Scout cookies. . . .

And, okay, I admit it-I don't run any 4x6 foot negatives.

Go easy,
John

http://www.photogecko.com/
Home of The Gecko UV Light Box