Re: Bookbinding

From: Eric S. Theise (mataro@cyberwerks.com)
Date: 01/04/02-12:34:21 PM Z

jeffbuck@swcp.com writes:
> Just
> now I'm working toward a set of ten or a dozen still lifes (shouldn't that
> really be "lives"?) in pt/pd. I've got it in mind to homemake some kind
> of book or folder for presentation of the prints. Could anyone refer me to
> some sources of information? Thanks. -jeff buckels

Well, Jeff, if you are in San Francisco, I would encourage you to look
into the San Francisco Center for the Book (http://www.sfcb.org/) which
has classes and events and is a much loved and respected facility. I'd
also encourage you to get over to the Legion of Honor, to see the
Artists' Books show, which closes on Sunday. There's a page on it at

    http://famsf4.mediatrope.com/legion/exhibitions/128/

and an extensive catalog has been published: Artists' Books in the
Modern Era 1870-2000. That show/catalog could help you dream a bit
about the form your book should take, and the SFCB could probably help
you realize it.

A bit abstract, perhaps, but my thoughts are in those directions these
days.

--Eric