Re: Preparation of Cyanotype Sensitizer

From: Eric S. Theise (mataro@cyberwerks.com)
Date: 01/11/02-03:19:28 PM Z

Trickstrr@aol.com writes:
> I was reading the formula for Mike Ware's new cyanotype page and it says to
> prepare the sensitizer under tungsten light. hmm, I don't think I have any
> tungsten light sources

Standard household lightbulbs are tungsten. One room I often work in
has only fluorsecent lights, sheathed in gels, and so when I am preparing
cyanotype solutions I take in a low wattage bulb (25 or 40 watts) and one
of those hanging lightbulb cages that you can use in a garage or attic.
I hang that from a pipe at the far end of the studio and I've had no
troubles.

--Eric