John Dugdale

From: Don Bryant (dsbryant@telocity.com)
Date: 01/12/02-08:49:10 PM Z

Hi Folks,

Today I was fortunate to have visited the "In the Twilight of Memory"
exhibit by John Dugdale at the Jane Jackson Fine Art Gallery in Atlanta.
I was very touched by many of his photographs and was extremely
impressed with the cyanotype prints in the exhibit. His series of self
portraits and still lifes were very powerful yet serene IMO. Great work.
His prints are a perfect example of how well this process can be used to
express ideas and feelings of the photographer in a somewhat understated
way.
A few of his photographs that are included in this exhibit may be viewed
at:

http://www.photogal.com/artists/dugdale/dugdale.html

The main gallery had only cyanotypes but there were a few palladium
prints on display apart from the main exhibit. These prints did not seem
to me to be as emotionally strong as the cyanotypes and were printed a
tad too dark for my taste. Does anyone know if Dugdale does his own
printing? Does anyone have any details about his cyanotype prints? What
paper, which cyanotype process?

Thanks,

Don Bryant