Re: PT/PD temp/humidity

From: Jeff Buckels (jeffbuck@swcp.com)
Date: 01/21/02-09:08:58 AM Z

Carl and All: I try to cover that stuff. Hard to confirm. Anyhow, I keep the
ferric oxalate and metals bottles in a linen closet in the house (my darkroom
etc is an outbuilding), where they're going to be mid 60s or so this time of
year. When I go to the outbuilding to bring up the heat and humid to print, I
take the bottles with me and place them on the table where I coat. I take the
paper to be used from a drawer, do any tearing into smaller formats and place
it on the table. Then I go eat breakfast etc. By the time I'm ready to print,
at 10-11 in the morning, the temp/humid on the table top might be 65/40. It
will come slowly to 70/50 by midafternoon, cool and dry back after dark. It's
cold and dry enough in Albuquerque this time of year that if I try to bring it
up harder and faster it's going to be really dry in the area, plus the constant
running of the heater will be kicking up so much dust etc. It's a converted
garage, the heater is not a wonder of science or anything. Somewhat blunt
controls, but I thinking I'm keeping everything in a grossly acceptable zone.
-jeff buckels