Re: help

From: clay (wcharmon@wt.net)
Date: 01/24/02-10:55:07 AM Z

Tillman:

This problem drives me nuts too. What I think is happening is that the
developer picks up a lot of free metal and this is soaked up by the paper,
but is really not 'bound' to anything since it is absorbed after the
exposure. What I have done to cure this is face-down clearing, 1st bath in
disodium EDTA, 2nd and 3rd in HCA, and at least 30 minutes of washing after
all clearing baths. Then I hang the print from at least two different
directions for about 10 minutes BEFORE throwing it on a drying rack. I
haven't had problems since doing this. I also filter the developer through a
coffee filter every once in a while.

Clay