Kallitype vs. PT/PD

From: Paul Giblin (paul_giblin@yahoo.com)
Date: 01/25/02-11:19:56 AM Z

This has been discussed somewhat incompletely in
other threads. I am curious to know the going
opinions on the visual similarities between
platinum (and or) palladium prints and their
cousin the kallitype. Some seem to think that a
good kallitype can be indistinguishable from a
platinum print in tonality and tonal range;
others disagree. I wonder if anyone has done a
controlled comparison?

-Paul