Re: Magic Brush

From: Darryl Baird (dbaird@umflint.edu)
Date: 01/30/02-07:34:02 PM Z

Gasp indeed. I bought two of these and use one for Argyrotype prints. It seems to
accumulate a silver (really muddy gray) sludge at the base of the bristles, next
to the metal ferrule. I must literally comb it clean. This isn't the case with
platinum/palladium, though I don't print very much of these metals. I do the
regular post-coating cleaning in distilled water and shake (religiously like I
was taught!) the water free and hang inverted... bristles down.

Can anyone comment on this sludge?

thanks

--Darryl

I think for the 2" I paid $36 from an art dealer in Rochester NY, the 4" is over
$60.... ouch!