Re: crispy microdetails on print

From: nze christian (christian_nze@hotmail.com)
Date: 07/01/02-07:50:48 AM Z

Hi,

I will keep it simple.
Size your paper with gelatin, even Arches platine can be sized. It will give
more detail. (humidification of the paper before exposure will also help to
keep the emulsion on the top of the paper)

or change your paper to a finer one . Japanese tissue give a lot of detail.
heavy paper used to soak the sensitizer . So the top level image is sharp
but there are sensitizer in the other level which print a diffused image.
with japanese tissue there is only a top level.

It is really visible. On some negative I print on arches and on a fine kozo
paper, I keep more detail on the kozo paper.

Amicalement

Nzé Christian
mailto:christian_nze@hotmail.com
http://www.c-nze.com