Re: Torinoko Gampi and Washing Question Pt/Pd.

From: Halvor (halvorb@mac.com)
Date: 07/02/02-08:02:18 AM Z

dear Christian, Thanks. Knew I could thrust this group !

The glass sheet trick will work. Had a brief idea like that a few days ago
but too long hours in a 30 deegre darkroom with 80 % humidity has the
occasional negative effect on my intelligens.

I have no problems with the coating stage with this paper (with brush). Will
check out that roll option, also the methode you mentioned in that other
thread with double layer thick & thinn, sounds interresting, have you ever
exhibited in Tokyo - think I saw something done on very thin paper in the
PGI gallery here a few months ago ? Collective exhibition of Pt prints.

Does it exist any methode for checking the washing quality, like silver
papers can be checked for leftover hypo, or should I spend a term on working
out something like that ?

> The clearing step could be less longer as the paper tend to clear from the
> both face, and it is thinner. But I use a 15min clrearing time and 30 min
> washing time.

Yes there is a small voice in the back of my head telling me these times
might be better, despite the swelling problem.

Thanks (again)

This will save me a lot of time & materials.

Halvor